It has been miserably hot the last few days. For anyone that doesn't know, I'm all about the winter. I am not talking oh-look-at-the-beautiful-snow. I like subzero temperatures, walking on frozen lakes, harsh conditions, fierce blizzards.
So, trying not to whine, I sat down to tap out some things that made me pause and smile. No more had I completed the following list... and clouds rolled in, a cool and steady breeze came through the open windows, it began to thunder, and finally it rained.
The house is comfortable again.
- peony buds brought in last night that are full-on larger-than-my-hand blooms today
- THIS PHOTO of my lovely friend
- we will soon bring out the grill, which means that when I say that I'm cooking, it actually means that I'm prepping and someone else is grilling
- i haven't done anything in my garden this year; it's still beautiful and abundant
- heirloom tomatoes go in the ground later this week
- no plans for memorial weekend except road trips and picnics
- sauteed greens with white beans and garlic (i used kale and a bit more vegetable broth)